Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers' Day Song



When I was a little girl, every year in our music class we would practice the Mothers' Day song to be performed at the Mothers' Day tea. Every year I hoped my mother would love the tea, and the little gifts I had made her. All little children hold their breath as their mothers carefully unwrap the untidy little packages, filled with untidy little hand made gift. Every little child's heart is on the line. 

Our walk with the Lord is like this... expectation, desire to please, excitement and a willingness on our part to prepare a celebration for Him every day... as we wrap our little gifts, lay them at His feet and eagerly wait to hear "well done, good and faithful child". Oh, the joy of it all!

I want to honor all mothers here today, and I thought the best way might be to write down the words to that song I sang so many years ago. It is my little gift, untidy in its wrapping, but given to all mothers with love.

M - is for the million things she gave me
O - means only that she's growing old
T - is for the tears she shed to save me
H - is for her heart of purest gold
E - is for her eyes with love light shining
R - means right, and right she'll always be...

Put them all together they spell MOTHER... the word that means the world to me.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment